Saturday, September 5, 2015

Farm Boy at Heart

Hey there! I just finished up another layout. I put this one together for a Picture This challenge. http://picturethischallenges.blogspot.com/

The challenge was to use a recipe of 2 pictures + the colors green, black and white. These are not colors that I would have thought to try to work with under other circumstances. So I was interested to see what I could come up with. Here is the layout:


These are photos I snapped of Landon at the Children's Museum in Atlanta, GA on our summer vacation. The museum was full of all sorts a cool interactive children's activities, but Landon favorite exhibit was the tractor. 


I decided on, "Farm Boy at Heart" for the title. I used my Heidi Swapp Color Shine, "Teal" spray mist to color the title letters. 


I created this little tag. I cut the tag out of a peeling paint/wood patterned paper. I used scraps to make the hills. I was happy to have a use for the cow button. I curled up the edges of the sun rays to give some extra dimension.


I used papers from The Paper Studio, "Murphy's Square", My Mind's Eye, "On the Bright Side" and Recollections, "Basics Bold."  Thanks for looking!




8 comments:

  1. glad you took the challenge! I know, when we don't usually use the color combo it IS a challenge!! GREAT page, love it all! And thanks for joining in at PICTURE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page and cute photos! Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cuttings are superb! Love the button sun. Thanks for playing along with us at PictureThis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun page. Love the sun. Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Sweet page. Thanks for playing at Picture This.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at PT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great and a wonderful use of the Picture This challenge elements. Thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete